• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Headlight assembly

broncojunkie

I need to replace my headlights, including the turn signal and marker lights. I can't decide if I want to go with the 1-piece aftermarket assembly or the factory style 3-piece.

What do you like best and why? Any advantages for either one?

lyonmt

Such a personal thing, but I would prefer originals. The one piece lights never really look right to me. They always look like they were modified, but that is just my opinion *shrug*. If they made a one piece look like it could have come from the factory that way, I could reconsider.

broncojunkie

I thought the same thing. The 1-pc lights in clear or smoked look great, until you see them on the car. However, I have seen a couple cars that wear them well for some reason. Now I can't seem to make up my mind. I'm going to replace them when it goes in for paint... probably later this summer.

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
Such a personal thing, but I would prefer originals. The one piece lights never really look right to me. They always look like they were modified, but that is just my opinion *shrug*. If they made a one piece look like it could have come from the factory that way, I could reconsider.
That was the one reason I went with the diamond clear instead of the 1 piece.
IMO80.jpg

broncojunkie

Woops! Sorry and thanks for pointing that out, lyonmt!

Thanks to "Almost Stock" for posting that beautiful example! Love the car, bud! Looks awesome!

broncojunkie

By the way...I ordered the clear 6 piece set. They're sitting at the house now (I'm still working on the boat for a couple more days). I don't plan on putting them on until I get the car painted. It will be a couple months, I think.