• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

"Gunner" 88 LX 5.0

Its stock. The kid before me put a chrome like parts in a couple places. But its just the stock 5.0 engine. Needs TLC still. I had to put work on hold for the weekend, I caught my leg on the door and hit my knee at just an angle that its hurting these last come of days.. but if u really want photos I can get them mqybe monday.. gotta order a fuel pump. The power steering was changed and still a whine. Amd now my speakers are acting stupid like they are blown... so now I just have bass boom booms and no music to hear cuz the speakers don't turn up past 25.. which isn't loud at all. Lol

Blown347

Staff member
Sounds like the amp for the speakers is not big enough if it cuts out at a certain volume. It's be cool to see how the engine is now and how you progress with it

Its NOT the subs. And they are blown.. its the back speakers next to the seat.. if I turn bass and treb off they are fine.. I was messing around with it a little last night. Lol and I know enough about systems to make a sub go one of three ways.. power at what the box says, more power or less power all done by how u wire them in the box and/or in the amp. I've been doin my own systems since 02 now.. but what I really want in my car I have to wait for..

Blown347

Staff member
I mean the amp for the door speakers. It probably is using the factory "premium sound" amp for the speakers. Which is junk lol.

Haha I forgot that there's a mini factory amp for the radio.... lol yeah I normally blow through cheap 6x9s all the time. Normally I have a better head unit and can set the speakera to here and then the subs have their own setting. But I kinda blew that system up in 2010 at a USACI event in Omaha Nebraska. I have a cheap set now but it booms good. And the fox has the perfect sound space so it stays in the car better... like a truck, I found if u have a trunk that closes it off u lose a lot of ur sound and get more rattle too. I hate rattle! As far as I know the fox doesn't rattle.. :)