• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Going to try and buy this

Genaro

I am hoping by the time I get back to Florida this Mustang is still available. Going to purchase it for my Daughter. It will be her first car. The guy only wants 950.00; which is his grandfather's car but he can't drive it anymore.

Ford Mustang.jpg
Ford Mustang II.jpg

broncojunkie

4 cyl? Standard or auto? The only ragtop ive owned was an 84 v6 auto. It was my daily driver, but I had a 1980 302 standard t-top for the weekends. I bet I drove the convertible for a year before my buddy convinced me to try it out. After that, I started looking forward to nice weather!

Genaro

Its an auto, that's all I know. Since I drive a rig over the road and will not be able to visually see this classic. I rather not know too much about it till I am in town. Only then I will get to know more about it. Kinda don't want to get ALL excited and then "BAM"!! Its gone...

Genaro

It looks like its seen a few body shops ??? Is that and air bag in the steering wheel ??? Good Luck...
Yes it looks like it has seen a few.. Was thinking of taking to Macco's for a cheap quick paint job, or just do a plastic dip cover up on it. I believe it is a air bag.

broncojunkie

If you're looking to do a cheap paint job (at the risk of getting flamed lol), I would consider just paint bombing the thing. Normally, i would highly advise against it, but no more painted surface than you have on the convertible, it wouldn't be too bad. Just find some decent paint that is fairly close to the original color. You could do a different section every weekend. It would be cheaper than Maaco and probably better, since you could focus on getting it taped off really well and dismantling it as far as you want.

I was looking for a cheap paint job on my truck, but ended up taking it to a shop because there was just way too much surface area. On a car like yours, I would seriously consider tackling it.

Genaro

If you're looking to do a cheap paint job (at the risk of getting flamed lol), I would consider just paint bombing the thing. Normally, i would highly advise against it, but no more painted surface than you have on the convertible, it wouldn't be too bad. Just find some decent paint that is fairly close to the original color. You could do a different section every weekend. It would be cheaper than Maaco and probably better, since you could focus on getting it taped off really well and dismantling it as far as you want.

I was looking for a cheap paint job on my truck, but ended up taking it to a shop because there was just way too much surface area. On a car like yours, I would seriously consider tackling it.
Sounds like a good idea.. I would of given it a light sanding when I got home and then the following month or so painted it. I have been burnt from a body shop and vowed never to let anyone do any type of work on my vehicles! Lost a lot of money and waited for ever to get my VW back. Never again, every.. If I don't know how to do some thing I will learn how to do it.

lyonmt

It was a 4 cylinder BTW.
I don't know what part of Florida that was, but they are always popping up on Craigslist over here in Tampa.

This one is $950 as well:
00J0J_e2KWxiBYGIE_600x450.jpg

This one has a new engine:
00u0u_dvnaAqbA3kk_600x450.jpg

This one is a V8:
00d0d_e3LyKhwMM0Q_600x450.jpg

http://tampa.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=mustang&minAsk=500&maxAsk=1500