• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fox Graveyard

broncojunkie

I visited a junkyard Tuesday and the guy was into fox bodies. He must have have 70 or so. Unfortunately, time and the elements haven't been kind to them. The interiors were pretty much piles of dust. They had been picked of all the good drive train parts and he said he couldn't remember the last time he saw a t5.

I asked him about the shell of an old pace car he had sitting there. It was an original v8 car, but not much left of it. We started talking about them and he admitted he had a total of 8 Pace cars! None of them were scrap, but in various conditions. His nicest being a car that was set up for drag. It is tubbed and in immaculate condition. He has others that are also show condition, but mostly stock.

I just thought I would share. It was sad looking at all those fox bones lying around, but it sure did bring back some memories!

Blown347

Staff member
One of these days when finances permit I'd like to save some foxes from the scrapyard. The last one I bought and restored was in rough shape, but it still ran. It'd be nice to get a few back on the road that were destined for the crusher

John2002

I found one Mustang Grave Yard in New Lenox Ill, Encore Mustang Parts, 3 pole barns full of parts. OMG the stuff he has... the stuff that was outside the barns could fill a football feild....He was in the process of having a sales counter added to his main building but I think the time he needed to do that had come and gone. I've never had any luck with finding many Fox bodys in bone yards I've gone to or there was not much left parts wise on the car that I needed.

Last edited:

FoxBodyMustangs

Administrator
Staff member
I visited a junkyard Tuesday and the guy was into fox bodies. He must have have 70 or so. Unfortunately, time and the elements haven't been kind to them. The interiors were pretty much piles of dust. They had been picked of all the good drive train parts and he said he couldn't remember the last time he saw a t5.

I asked him about the shell of an old pace car he had sitting there. It was an original v8 car, but not much left of it. We started talking about them and he admitted he had a total of 8 Pace cars! None of them were scrap, but in various conditions. His nicest being a car that was set up for drag. It is tubbed and in immaculate condition. He has others that are also show condition, but mostly stock.

I just thought I would share. It was sad looking at all those fox bones lying around, but it sure did bring back some memories!
Take pictures next time and sad to hear about this...

John2002

That one I visited to was a big downer for me, what seemed to be a staging area for the scrap yard...I know when the shet hits the fan and the parts have all but been rusrted out and damaged beyond much use he'll get some notice from the village. Its been bout 3 years since I've been there and it looks like from his web page theres a few more foxes waiting to be pulled apart.