• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Engine Misfire

stangspeed91

Hello I'm new to the group. I've had my 91' Mustang for 23 years been modifying over this time. Recently added BBK SSI intake manifold, 205 aluminum heads, BBK fuel rails, 24lb injectors and new Mass air. Mostly it runs and sounds good but when I push the engine it misfires on the right side. I checked spark plugs and wires but I do not see any carbon or other type of build up. Also, I have changed the solenoid and ignition coil.

I have a air/fuel meter that normally runs between 14 to 15. Without changing all 4 injectors on the right side, is there a way to tell which one is causing the misfire?

Attachments

• Mustang GT red.jpg
    Mustang GT red.jpg
    736.4 KB · Views: 1

broncojunkie

Just curious, but how do you know the misfire is on the right bank? Have you tried using an ir gun to check the exhaust temp at each cylinder? It's possible that the cylinder is also misfiring at idle too, but it just isn't noticeable until it's under load. if that's the case, it could show up as a lower temp on that exhaust outlet.

You should probably also check (ohm test) each plug wire, if you haven't already. I know you checked them, but I'm not sure if you just looked them over for damage or if you ohm tested them with a meter while moving them around (AKA "wiggle test").

One other thing that comes to mind is a tps going bad. I've seen them with a dead spot at a certain point. You can test that with a meter, as well, while slowly opening the throttle. The reading should change smoothly without jumping around or dropping off sharply.

Just a few ideas. Some other folks may chime in with some better ones!