• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Embarking on a lot of clean up . . . not really a resto . . . quite

Erkenbrand

If anybody is wondering about my experience running the Holley Sniper system I have to say that I absolutely love it. I'm running the original Sniper. From what I know a lot of the things that make it a pain to install and run have been addressed in the Sniper 2.

I'm running the full package: Sniper fuel injection, Hyperspark ignition, Returnless in-tank Holley fuel pump.

When I first installed it, I had all sorts of weird issues. Eventually, I figured out it was all due to how I was running the wires. It's very sensitive to RFI (not so much a problem in the Sniper 2). But after I carefully re-ran each wire and paid close attention to what was around them it all came together.

In its base configuration it was really good. Out of the box I noticed a significant performance gain over the Edelbrock I was running. It's also been very consistent and fires up every time. Just like you'd expect from fuel injection.

But, I've now been working through tuning it with a professional remote tuner. We're on the third refinement of the tune, and it's like the whole system has finally woken up. I'm running a stock 302 from an 83 GT. Nothing has been done to it but the fuel delivery and ignition. With the Holley it's enormously more responsive, and has worlds of punch it didn't have with the basic 4bbl setup.

So if you're thinking of a Sniper or Terminator system, I'd say go for it.

Erkenbrand

I had the Mustang out at our first car show of the year last weekend. Although it was cold, and it closed down a bit early due to rain, it was great seeing all of the other great cars and people out. It's that time of year again for hot dog carts!

20240420_101909.jpg