• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Anyone currently using a T-56 trans.?

I have decided on the D&D T-56 Magnum kit versus the TKO 500 for my build.
Just wondering if anyone is currently running one. I will have to finalize the exact wheel size and final tire diameter to be used before choosing on either the BA 71 or BA 72 kit for gear ratio options in the trans. 2.66, 1.78, 1.30, 1.00, .80, .63 or 2.97, 2.10, 1.46, 1.00, .74, .50

Locked in on the rear, I just scored a low mile Trac Loc 8.8 Quad rear from an 86 gt. I will be building that unit up from scratch and setting up for disc and 5-lug using either 3:55 or 3:73 teeth.

I feel the need to have that extra dog leg. I'm always looking for it in the 86 when we drive it. Never have been happy with the T-5 on highway trips with the stock rears. Rs too high and of course want to leave the 86 bone stock.

Hoping to be just under 2k Maximum @ 80MPH.
I just need to work out the math between trans/rear gears and final tire dia. I think it can be done.

Anyone with gear ratio experience with a T-56? Choices?

BANDITGT

Awesome looking kit. That looks like the one my buddy is getting for his car

Sent from my drivers seat on my iPhone5 via Tapatalk

Yeah, Hopefully we can hear some feedback on it as possibly more people start using it.
The extra gear sounds like fun.
The only drawback I see is that I'll be spending more time shifting than doing anything else.
But then I don't eat, drink, text or talk on the phone while I drive....lol..:oldman: