• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Air Conditioning

OGFOX92

Wife's car 92 gt has factory air conditioning. We had it re charged once about 10 years ago give or take. It worked for quite a few years after that. Needless to say it's not working anymore. Looks a bit oily it must have a leak. I'm not sure if they updated the system I think they just re charged it. Anyone have experience on getting it working again or has anyone upgraded to new compressor new refrigerant new hoses and whatnot by chance? If so any pointers would be appreciated. If there is already a thread please point me towards it...

347HO

Due to the age, and my experience in HVAC systems, the compressor and charge line/recover line Schraders should be replaced.
The lines also may need to be changed, but only if they are factory installed or have been replaced but show signs of cracking or leaking at the fittings.

R134 or the newest R123 must be used today and you won't notice the difference.
A good, efficient system will provide approximately 20* cooler air than ambient when measured at the vent.

Good luck.