• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'86 GT Hatch Daily Driver

Thanks buddy. Should be out on Saturday at the meet. Im off today so I hope to button her up today with rear control arms install and get exhaust back on.

Thanks to 88lx elmo today for helping button up the '86. The Tremec 3350 is in, along with the HPM upper arms and SVE ride height adjustable lowers. Car drives good with the new trans. The Centerforce clutch is a bit grabby, gotta play a bit with adjustment. Also need to adjust the stoppers on the Pro 5.0 shifter. Otherwise all else is good for now. I will be picking up and installing a Trickflow rearend cover/girdle over the weekend, along with oil change and a new level sensor for the pan since it leaks bad. Pics sometime over the weekend :)

So last Tuesday she left me stranded. I ended up blowing the clutch out. Check out the pics I did a good job of finishing it off lol. Thanks to some great friends parts were supplied quickly and I had help labor wise moving cars around and had help tearing down and reinstall. Car is up and running as of yesterday afternoon and seems to work better than before.

86clutchwentout004.jpg

86clutchwentout003.jpg

86clutchwentout002.jpg

86clutchwentout005.jpg

86clutchwentout001.jpg

Well if you're gonna go hard on it that is the way to go out.

I don't play well with others lol. To get it by I installed a used King Cobra clutch and stock T5 back in it. This last weekend and today, I bolted this in :)

miscfoxpicscalynewsuspensionetc022.jpg

calynewlscandshelvepics020.jpg

Came up on a killer deal for a TKO 600 for my Calypso Coupe and was able to sell the T5 setup out of the '86 to help pay for it. Now on the hunt for another aftermarket 6 bolt shifter and a aftermarket bellhousing/scattershield for a Tremec.

Car has been driving awesome with the Tremec :) I picked up a n ew daily beater so been just enjoying the '86. However the registration is due as well as smog at the end of April. Since purchase of new DD and plans to finish Calypso, I have decided to use the '86 as a donor for the T Top coupe(engine, trans, rearend, wheels, seats carpet etc). The roller is being sold to Bluez87, he has bugged me and the previous owner to sell him the car. So the '86 will live on yet again. Adding to the deal, I will be getting the Koni shocks, Baer 4 lug brakes, and Cobra ecm out of Bluesz87's car for the t top as well. So for now I will continue to enjoy the '86 and have it as a backup driver while I do some work on the new DD this week.