• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

'86 GT Hatch Daily Driver

Recent purchase of mine. Belonged to a buddy of mine who just bought a '13 Coyote and had to sell the fox. She has a mild built 302 with Edelbrock top end, maf conversion, full exhaust, geared, CAMMED AND SLAMMED. Currently receiving an interior makeover and som SVO sail panels

86GTnewdriver001.jpg

86GTnewdriver002.jpg

86GTnewdriver014.jpg

86interiorswap014.jpg

86interiorsvopanels001.jpg

86interiorsvopanels002.jpg

Thanks guys I am very happy with the car and the few little things Ive done so far. Funny between me and a few other buddies, we sold all the parts to my friend when he owned it and I repurchased alot of my parts back on the car. Funny how that works out.

Buttoned up the rest of the interior today (minus the '93 maplight) Ill have pics posted tomorrow or Tuesday after I have time to vaccume the carpet.

Thankyou sir u know how I do it :) Up in the plans for this weekend is some new inner tierods and Ford Racing 30lb injectors/C&L maf/Aeromotive FPR. Car desperately needs fuel currently running all stock shit on it. "Borrowing" parts yet again from the Calypso notch.

Put the 30lb injector/maf/adjustable FPR on it today. Has more power but still has a nasty miss/stutter under 3k rpm. Now hunts for idle and wants to bog when taking off from a stop. Always something with these damn modded cars...

Car has newer plugs, Taylor wires, MSD cap/rotor/coil, new Walbro 255 pump and filter so I know its none of those basics....

It's coming alone nicely still has a random stutter and loads up on fuel when ur light on throttle once up to speed. I have a few more parts to swap out its bugging the crap outta me but maybe my local tuner can help he is good with the Ford EECIV so it may just be something that a good tune and fuel map will solve. I finally picked up my correct '92-'93 maplight for the headliner(swapped to black from a '93 GT) and all loose ends are done inside it makes it nice to be inside. I will be installing some new inner tie rods this weekend as it needs them BADLY. Other than that just another day in the life of a fox lol.

So last Tuesday she left me stranded. I ended up blowing the clutch out. Check out the pics I did a good job of finishing it off lol. Thanks to some great friends parts were supplied quickly and I had help labor wise moving cars around and had help tearing down and reinstall. Car is up and running as of yesterday afternoon and seems to work better than before.

86clutchwentout004.jpg

86clutchwentout003.jpg

86clutchwentout002.jpg

86clutchwentout005.jpg

86clutchwentout001.jpg

So I have been collecting some suspension parts for my cars. This is what I have for the '86 GT. Older used BBK panhard bar(maybe Kenny Brown not sure). Came off my buddies GT hatch and some brand new shorty Maximum Motorsports subframe connectors. Still need some CC plates and rear lower control arms to round out the package.

newsuspensionpartsfoxcars003.jpg

newsuspensionpartsfoxcars001.jpg

Been collecting parts for this car, no new pics yet tho. Still have to install the sfc's and panhard. SOOOON. So far I have some adjustable rear lower control arms(from parts car) & boxed uppers. Recently picked up a brand new hatch carpet in black from a parts car that I bought. Yesterday at the yard I scored some more black interior parts (door armrests, console insert, console top pad, and outer seatbelt sleeves). And sealed the deal on the TKO 600 for my Calypso coupe, so now the 4 eye is getting my Tremec 3550 :)

AT6svo

I really like white fox mustangs, esp four-eyes. My 86 GT is also white but the body and paint are not nearly as nice as yours. Nice to see someone giving an 86 some love.

I'd go with the full length SFC's if you can, shortys are better than nothing for sure though.

I really like white fox mustangs, esp four-eyes. My 86 GT is also white but the body and paint are not nearly as nice as yours. Nice to see someone giving an 86 some love.

I'd go with the full length SFC's if you can, shortys are better than nothing for sure though.

Thankyou sir this is a real fun car for me. My first 4 eye fox :) Mine is MOSTLY original paint. It does have plenty chips and wear, but it's in real good shape for an out doors car. Somewhere along the lines it was keyed and repainted below the pinstripe line of the left door and left 1/4 panel. Didn't see this untill I had started peeling off the pinstripes :( The hatch is not original to the car either but was an original Oxford white color. I have started repainting all the trim in satin black. I know its not the original charcoal but it looks better to me in black. Still have to do all the window trim and side glass trim.

Considering the full legnths, but I stole these off CL with a strut tower brace all brand new in box for $125 so on they go. The Calypso has the full lengths on it to accomodate the torque arm mounts.