• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

1980 TURBO COBRA AUTOMATIC - HOW MANY

I own a 1980 Cobra Turbo with a C3 automatic which I bought from the original owner. It has 18,000 original miles completely original in showroom condition with every option including Recaro interior. It also has an electric fuel pump which must be due to the automatic tranny. My question is how many automatic Turbo Cobras were built in 1980....

I also own another 1980 Turbo Cobra, 4-speed that I purchased new with 40,000 miles....

FGM

broncojunkie

I read somewhere before that the total numbers of 80 and 81 cobras was somewhat of a mystery. I have seen 17,000 thrown around for total 79 cobras, but 80 and 81's were lower in numbers, from my understanding. The 2.3 turbo was definitely the one to have, as there was no 302 option for those years (not that any of them were impressive from a performance standpoint, but they were well-balanced at sub 3k lbs and 150ish hp.
Both of yours are definitely worth some coin! Prices for these cars just keep going up.