• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Who has installed a Cervini Rear Spoiler- 200-79-93 Mustang Hatchback wing.

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
I ask because the installation instructions are very vague. What are the black strap with a protrusion that has a hole in the center of it. There are 6 of these straps, any help is greatly appreciated.

I have a 1989 Mustang GT, I’ll be removing the stock rear spoiler and installing the Cervinis rear Spoiler.

REAR SPOILER INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS Notice: Prefit Before Painting! Painted or Altered Parts are Non-Refundable Important: DO NOT fill in vent holes on underside of wing DO NOT blow air into vent hole, it will damage the part The flat washers MUST be used in conjunction with the screws when attaching spoiler

STEP 1. Open deck lid and remove any trim panels on the underside with your panel puller and/or screw[1]driver. Remove carpet or floor mat to prevent hot metal shaving burns.

STEP 2. Place the supplied drill guides into mounting holes and brake light wire hole (if required). (Use a small piece of masking tape to hold them in place if they have a tendency to fall out). Place spoiler on deck lid and align in proper position. Check for proper alignment using tape measure (side to side, front to back). Using masking tape, secure drill guides to deck lid and remove spoiler, lifting straight up and leaving drill guides on deck lid.

STEP 3. Slide a 1/16” drill bit or paper clip through the small hole on the drill guide / t-strip stem. Mark the paint surface to locate the center of the hole to be drilled.

STEP 4. Using a 1/8” drill bit, drill hole using the marked spot from step (3). Drill through any inner sheet metal which prevents the bolts from access to the spoiler.

STEP 5. Using a 5/16” drill bit, drill through the 1/8” drilled hole in step (4). STEP 6. Using a 5/8” hole saw, (only if required) drill an access hole for the screw as noted in step (4). STEP 7. Coat all raw or bare steel with etching primer. Allow to dry. Place round gaskets on mounting locations and brake wire location (if required). Install brake light (if brake
light is required) on spoiler and secure with stainless steel screws. Place spoiler on decklid. Hold in

72056 (1).jpg
Cervinis Strap.jpg72056 (1).jpg

347HO

I'm a custom, Body and Paint craftsman and see the need for some type of template to transfer the fastener locations on the rear wing... to the deck lid.
Again, I'm gonna assume you fit the strips to the mounting side of the wing, place the wing on the deck lid, position the wing, secure the strips to the deck lid, carefully remove the wing leaving the strips on the deck lid, drill holes where the strips allow.