• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

which TALL valve covers can i fit under GT40 EFI intake manifold

5.0l_604

which TALL valve covers can i fit under GT40 EFI intake manifold, without having to go with larger than 1/2 inch manifold spacer. The reason why i'm asking is because the throttle body linkage is hitting the tall valve cover before i can seat the upper manifold to the lower. i don't want to go bigger then 1/2 inch spacer, then the stock hood is going to give me issues with closing. A little info on the motor, 0.30 over bored 347 stroker, 35-518-8 comp cam, Power World heads with 1.6 stud mount rockers GT40 ported intake manifold. anyone been thru this problem before. i dont want to go purchasing random kind of valve cover just to try and mount. thought id put it on here before hand.

347HO

which TALL valve covers can i fit under GT40 EFI intake manifold, without having to go with larger than 1/2 inch manifold spacer. The reason why i'm asking is because the throttle body linkage is hitting the tall valve cover before i can seat the upper manifold to the lower. i don't want to go bigger then 1/2 inch spacer, then the stock hood is going to give me issues with closing. A little info on the motor, 0.30 over bored 347 stroker, 35-518-8 comp cam, Power World heads with 1.6 stud mount rockers GT40 ported intake manifold. anyone been thru this problem before. i dont want to go purchasing random kind of valve cover just to try and mount. thought id put it on here before hand.
I believe the 4" tall Ford Performance covers fit, but its been a long time since doing this.
If I still have mine, I can send them to you for mock fitting.
I can also fabricate covers to your spec, if that interests you.

Good luck

broncojunkie

Not sure if you found an answer yet, but the valve covers listed for efi typically have a slant at the top edge, which is supposed to eliminate that problem.