• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wavy side skirts!!! (Gt ground effects)

FoxFan89

Usually the brackets that hold them on break over time. They are really thin and will rust through. You can take them off check them. If they are broken LMR sells a new bracket kit for about $100. You have to drill out the rivets and reinstall with the rivets that come with it. Also, you can get a flat table, a piece of 2x4, and clamps, heat it up with a heat gun, and clamp down.

Josh85

Foxfan89 thank you i am looking at buying my first fox body it is a 87 gt convertible all redone but the side skirts are wavy the price is 8500 i was nervous but seems like a easy fix im guessing

FoxFan89

No problem. Watch the "Brew2L" channel on youtube. He is one of my favorites. It is a Foxbody channel with a lot of do it yourself projects. I am pretty sure he did that straightening on one of his cars. I think it was on his Red GT right before he painted it Red over Silver.