• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Value?

EDL

What do you guys think a 302 with the following parts on it is worth:

Edelbrock 4-bl carb
Edelbrock intake
MSD distributor
Headers

Engine runs, but 2 cylinders are down on compression.

broncojunkie

Is it a roller or non roller block? And is it an edelbrock performer intake? Rpm air gap? The taller single plain intakes bring a little more than the dual plain performer, just because the performers are pretty common on the used market. Also, are the headers aftermarket shorties? Long tubes? And what heads are on the motor? I would look at the value of the parts on it. The block, if it were to check out ok, would just be icing on the cake. But it sounds like there's a good chance it will need machined.

Last edited:

EDL

We're going to pull the motor and tranny soon. I'll tear into the motor once we get it on a stand, but was just curious what sort of price range it might bring. The headers are long tubes, not sure on the intake and carb (haven't really looked at it that closely yet). The heads look to be stock of some kind (definitely iron). Don't know if they are stock or GP40's or if they've had any work done on them yet. Anyway, was more curious of a ballpark figure.

broncojunkie

I threw a set of long tubes in the scrap pile a couple months ago, but they were in rough shape. A good set should bring a couple hundred. Performer intakes go for around a hundred, while an rpm air gap might bring $200. A salvageable 302 block, $50-100 if you're lucky. A guy offered me one for free a while back and I turned it down. If I needed one, I would have paid a little. Just a ballpark figure, $200-600 I'd say. That's a complete shot in the dark. 351w stuff is fetching quite a bit more with some aftermarket parts (particularly swap headers and aftermarket oil pans). So a 302, maybe $200 with old crusty parts and $500 with shiny headers and some decent factory heads and single plain intake.