• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Vacuum System

DaRey8126

It seems a previous owner of my 91 GT Vert felt emissions controls were unnecessary. I plan to post a picture of the engine compartment, but I have the engine pulled now.

I am looking for diagrams, pictures, or suggestions of a list the emissions components (charcoal canister, lines, EGR lines, vacuum lines under the passenger fender well, etc) and their installed location.

I want to restore the system to what is correct rather than plugging lines with bolts.

DaRey8126

In this post, the first picture is a sphere I found behind the passenger front fender. There appears to be a vacuum line in the area also. Don't know if they connect or where the sphere mounts.

The second image shows a bolt in the end of a vacuum line. The previous owner installed a 70mm Edelbrock throttle body. Not sure where this line is supposed to connect.

Attachments

• image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    583.4 KB · Views: 8
  • image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    623.3 KB · Views: 8

RedFox

I'm not the most experienced here but I'm having some issues with my vacuum system too and saw this thread so I'll try to help.

I don't know what that sphere is, my car does not have one. I believe there's supposed to be a charcoal canister in that area which again my car does not have but usually they are rectangular in shape.

The other two vacuum lines appear to be for the EGR and Fuel Pressure Regulator. I'm guessing like my car, the previous owner removed the EGR system so they plugged that one with a bolt.

Good luck!

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
This may help.

Attachments

• SMOG Lines 2.jpg
    SMOG Lines 2.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 4
  • HVAC and EMISSIONS  Canisters.JPG
    HVAC and EMISSIONS Canisters.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 4
  • EGR VALVE.JPG
    EGR VALVE.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Fp Reg.JPG
    Fp Reg.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 4

RedFox

After reviewing this, I don't think my car has that little vacuum line block with the red/green/black hoses. Where does it normally reside?

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
The come out from the fight side inner fender

Attachments

• Explaination 1.JPG
    Explaination 1.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Emissions Vacuum Tube Routing.jpg
    Emissions Vacuum Tube Routing.jpg