• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Third pony, but my first real project!

Third is a charm they say, right?!

Alright. Lets be honnest first of all! A little background to put things in prospective.

I fell in love with foxes when I was 15. That was like 17 years ago.. You do the math now. Lol that said, ive been around them years but i never truly got to get into it getting my own hands dirty till about 6 years ago. I always been a gear head with some mechanical aptitude which earn me my Parts tech journeyman as well. Being a girl, its a constant battle to earn respect in what I do, what I like and my knowledges. Im no godness in repairing, fixing and understanding everything obviously!! But i think ive earn my stripes over the years. Lets rectify here too, even tho Ive done my schooling and Im a gear head, im a HD parts tech. World away from automotive lol

This one is my third Fox. The first one i had a few months and sold. I think it was a falling a part ticking bomb. The second i deeply Loved and drag raced as well!!! Tho, he was also a ticking bomb also. Someone had modified this one a little too much and even after my rebuikt i kept running in ridiculous issues and a crazy numb nuts ex husband was my last push over the edge to sell it. Needless to say tears were falling down..

Now tho, i managed to find a legit unaltered Pony. Donkey is bone stock. And i love it! I have now a blank canvas that isnt half screwed up already that i can build like I want, im engaged to a fabulous and smart HD tech that can be my teacher and helper to direct me on the things i have no clue on how to do, and best of all its a long term project that I still can enjoy riding instead of having completely parked!

I guess he is not bone bone stock. Its got some wheels, flowmaster exhaust and racing seats. LOL but thats it from what i know and can see

So far, since this year is so crappy because of COVID and all the lay offs, I decided to concentrate on the little things. And most little things i can do myself as well. I absolutle LOVE tinkering with it every chance i get.

This is the before
PSX_20200503_135556.jpg

So far, ive got in a A/C delete almost done, replace the broke ln fan and fan hub, got a new belt, the blue tape all gone as i want black and red, gotba new PS pump and pulley coming all black, MSD red cap with ford racing red wires, new coolant cap without the sensor, battery is getting relocated to the trunk with a kill switch, e brake getting replaced, got new tires on, ripped the interior a part so theres no back seats anymore and full back delete to follow, and tons of little things like hatch struts, hood prop holder, shifter boob and knob, fixed the one broken seat, new rad cap, chnaged coolant and going to do a PS flush when the pump gets here, some interior fixes as well and some new speakers coming. Still had factory and they are dying lol

So many things i want to do! Wish i had you know, 50K to spare to get it legit just ALL redone! Haha

I eventually want a cold air intake, 70mm throttle body and spacer, new intake, throw a set of 3.73s in... and so much more! So hard gathering all the infos and the ideas! For sure tho, i do eventually want a new block and no matter what, im staying fully naturally aspirated. Thats what i really want down the road. Did the drag race thing, not sure i want to do that kind of abuse to my little man. Even tho i lived for it, I just want an awesome reliable gutsy fox this time ❤

Here's of pic of the little tinkering i got done so far. Be understanding here, im no where near as advanced as some of you guys obviously bit it makes me happy to share and makes me proud as with Donkey, im doing the work and learning lots!!!
PSX_20200503_140522.jpg

Be nice now! Lol

Last edited:

Redtwilight

Shinigami
Welcome to the site! Nice GT. It seems it will make a great canvas.
That's the second mostly stock white GT on this forum in the past month or so.

If you don't want to abuse it at the drag strip you can always just build as a decent handling street cruiser. Just do a few little suspension and brake upgrades, and it will be a fun driver.