• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Switched hot that stays hot when cranking?

Erkenbrand

This is driving me crazy. I have a 1980, and have installed the whole Holley Sniper package. It turns out the wire I'm using for switched hot doesn't stay hot when cranking. The problem is - I can't find one that does. I've been pinning out from the ignition, and not having any luck.

Any pointers? This was originally a turbo 4 car, but now has a carb'd 302 from an 83 GT so the wiring when I got the car was already a bit of a mess.

Thanks!

347HO

I suggest you tap off the blower fan circuit.
The only issue that could become serious, is if the sniper system needs more amps as rpm increase.
If this is true, I strongly suggest you make a "stand alone" circuit with 15 amp fuse or breaker.

Good luck

Erkenbrand

Thanks! I ended up just making a standalone circuit. I figure it will also be part of my theft prevention system. ;-)