• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sway Bar bushings nuts and bolts....

John2002

WTH, I've been sprayying them down with PB Blaster the last few weeks andyesterday I got the off but had to use a 15 and a 16 millimeter wrench on the nuts....Is there a reason for that???

John2002

Yeah , they had those thigees on them. Hard to get the ones next to the smog pump with the wrench, my fingers and the socket all in one spot. Glad I sprayed the heck out of them before I tried taking the off!!! Do the bushing ever need to be greased???

Blown347

Staff member
Yeah , they had those thigees on them. Hard to get the ones next to the smog pump with the wrench, my fingers and the socket all in one spot. Glad I sprayed the heck out of them before I tried taking the off!!! Do the bushing ever need to be greased???

The bushings on the end links? Nah but it wouldn't hurt anything if you did.

John2002

No, the big ones on the sway bar...I sprayed them up with WD to get them on and move them down the sway bar but it seems any grease woulsd slide off after I got it into possition.

Blown347

Staff member
No, the big ones on the sway bar...I sprayed them up with WD to get them on and move them down the sway bar but it seems any grease woulsd slide off after I got it into possition.
Nah no need to grease those either