• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Struts / Front Suspension

McLovin44

Hello all,
First time forum user so I apologize in advance for breaking any protocols.

Need help... what and where should I buy new front suspension? Would like to buy a complete kit without killing my sons college fund.

Tie rods, sway bars and shocks are original and have to go!

My 85' Foxbody is mostly a project car and I would like to restore her, but on a Budget Baller status.

I will never race or take this girl to a track, but would like to drive her around and smoke a few fools here and there.

any links, threads, websites to learn from / buy decent price items would be great, I care more for functionality than repping some rich companies 401k.

Thank you all in advance!

20210807_165829.jpg

347HO

My answer backed by experience; and some personal preference;

Factory stock replacement parts are inexpensive yet crap... However the brakes are pretty good.

Rubber suspension parts offer a nice, smooth ride while poly parts squeek if not lubed and you "feel" the road.

Chromoly tube steel is lighter, stronger than stamped or DOM stuff... Lighter and stronger is always my choice.

As a general rule: parts from China will net disappointment.

If you're going for "1st in show" restored... you have no options with parts.
But if this is a driver and not a show car, your options are endless for better performing parts.

broncojunkie

347HO has some excellent advise. I don't have any more to offer, so I just stopped by to welcome you and tell you that I LOVE that 85 vert!