• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Starting/idling issue

Murky880

I have a 1990 gt with a rebuilt 5.0 holley systemax intake, e cam, edlebrock performer rpm heads, msd 6al igniton, and vortech v1 trim supercharger. The car ran great. I put in in the garage for a few weeks and the battery died. I charged the battery overnight and now the car won't start and idle without giving it gas to start and keep it running. Even then it is missing bad and dies when you let off the gas. Has anyone else ever had this happen? What should I look into first? The fuel pump is running a when the key is turned on. I also have fairly new plugs, wires, rotor, and msd cap.

Redtwilight

Shinigami
You might need to do a base idle reset.
Only thing I can think of is that the computer will need to relearn all the parameters again.
When the battery was drained, the ecu may have cleared that part.

After that you could check ignition or fuel components. Check the TFI module or spout connector. Also you could check to make sure the fuel pump is working properly.