• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SSP new to fox

4scargo

Bought a SSP out of Washington state a couple of weeks ago. Most shipping companies wanted $1100+ for shipping. A one way ticket to Seattle was $50(!). Talked to the seller and we decided to risk a 1700 mile back to Minneapolis/St Paul. The Beast (it's name) has a $7000, 347 motor with the exhaust coming off the the headers and exiting right after the front wheels. We put on all new tires and away I went. Oh Boy! Well, the weather was perfect, the Beast ran like a champ, especially through the Cascades and the Rockies and on through the planes. Drove 80-90 and got a ticket in No Dak for 98, 20-25 mpg, I could even hear the stereo! The Beast is absolutely rust free. I've never seen such a rust free car. I blocked sanded the black primered top coat and off it goes to MAACO Weds. Panels are straight and dent free so she gonna be black. Then some white wrap for the doors and roof, maybe some lights. Another project. LOL

broncojunkie

That's a great story to start out with! Very cool car, as well! What year is it? I'm afraid we're going to need pics lol!

4scargo

Thanks bronco........Maybe someone here could coach me through on posting a pic from my Android phone. I'm an old guy and not up with these new fangled gadgets. LOL Seriously. I should take a pic of the Beast before it becomes a Beauty. Tomorrow paint and then I'll get to work and start cleaning. Engine compartment looks like a rat's nest with all the wires, carb not fuel injection. Look into getting the battery into the trunk. A little soap and water in the interior should do and she'll be fine. Just fine.
FWIW, also working on a 65 fastback that the PO (a body guy) put flares on. Sits low and looks mean and 90% done. I'll post a pic of that, too. Mabel Mustang,

broncojunkie

See if f this helps. I've been meaning to post this for a while now. Figured this was as good a time as any.