• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SSP battery cable kit.

Bob Mathis

I have a new battery cable kit for the SSP car and need some one to help me with the routing of the cables.

wbrockstar

Qwik Enuff 4 Me
This is the oem grounds routing and cable/wire type.

The neg battery cable should run from the neg battery post to the engine block at the bolt hole to the left of the oil filter.
The smaller gauge wire running parallel with the neg cable mounts to the driver fender apron to the left of the battery. The wire then forks off at the apron and its black tubular connector plugs into a matching connector at the end of the main harness.

The secondary ground is a flat braided ground strap that runs from the driver cylinder head (rear) to the firewall.

The eec ground is the wire I mentioned thats attached at the fender apron.

When you open the following link,start reading from the last post towards the first post.For some reason the thread is shown in descending order instead of ascending order.

http://sbftech.com/index.php/topic,5241.msg48818.html#msg48818