• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Spending on our cars

Sawmill

Old and tired
I have seen writings over the years lamenting the writers inability to "get back out" of a car the monies they'd "invested" in restoring or modifying it.
It set me to thinking. A great many folk travel and vacation and spend small fortunes in the process without ever a thought towards recouping the money. Long term ownership of a vehicle, one that has special value even if only sentimental, is very much a journey. Building a special project car is similar. What we spend along the way is the cost of that journey, not so much the cost of the car.

broncojunkie

That would be like golfers quitting the sport because they couldn't get their money back from their clubs! I have a lot of fun, satisfaction, and pride in fixing up these old cars and they're a blast to drive. I do wish parts were cheaper, but then again, everyone would be doing it lol!