• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Speedometer Off

Dylan

Howdy all, I am seeking some knowledge on fixing my speedometer. So for starters, the car is a mostly stock 92 LX 2.3 with an A4LD. I did change from the stock 14 rims to some 15 rims off another foxbody. Beyond that everything is stock. So of course the speed was off from the rim swap so I changed my speedometer gear. When testing the speed though, I found that it was off by different amounts at different speeds. When going 25, the speedometer was reading 26. Likewise when going 35 it was reading about 36. When going 60 though it read 56. I was testing my speed while pacing a car with a good speedometer. I was wondering if anybody knew what could be causing the speed to be off variably like I described. The speedometer isn't very jump (bounces up and down by 1 MPH at worse) so it seems to me like the cable would be good, which would leave the VSS and the actual speedometer itself. I noticed this problem when I had the stock rims on too. Any help would be aprreciated, thanks!