• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Selling Dad's 1990 LX 5.0 Convertible Supercharged 5.0

jfcoleman

Dad was a car nut. He built several classics and hot rods over the years, but he bought this one several years ago finished as it sits. His age prevented working on them anymore. He recently passed and left us with the car. Its super cool, but family wants it sold. Looking for a quick sale, but we know what he paid and can't give it away. That's why I'm here. Although, I may become a Fox body guy if it doesn't sell soon....

This is a customized LX convertible in red. It was supercharged, custom repainted red with glowing flames, suspension stiffened, and awesome wheels. Black t20200816_152413.jpg20200816_152434.jpg20200816_152602.jpgop is like new. Everything works. Several badges indicate "police interceptor", "supercharged", and Cobra snakes in wheels and on the ashtray. I think the badges and the supercharger were simply customizing/hot rodding fun. It runs and shows. Fun car.

58K miles, new tires, other parts may arise as we clean out the house.

We're in Hillsboro, MO. 314-707-1131. Asking $15k. He paid more. Text for info or more photos.

broncojunkie

Sorry to hear about your dad's passing. He has excellent taste in cars. This is beautiful and looks to be well built.

The convertibles haven't been nearly as popular in recent years and that tends to hurt value, as does the red interior. I've always liked the red interiors but they often get ditched for black or grey.

Is this a manual or auto? Any idea whether or not the transmission has been upgraded? That's something a potential buyer will want to know, since it obviously makes way more than stock power. I bet that thing is fun to drive!

broncojunkie

The aod (auto) transmission holds up better than the stock t5, so that should be ok. Most people prefer the t5 but they don't hold up to power adders in stock form.

jfcoleman

Anyone for $13,500?? Need to show it to someone and it will be gone. Make me an offer, we don't have indoor storage for winter. You won't be disappointed.......