• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Second owner original 1985 Mustang GT will be listed at bringatrailer.com soon

ssreatly

I will be selling my 85 Mustang GT. It will be listed at bringatrailer.com soon. Below are three video links:

Detail Video

Short Drive
https://youtu.be/vKYaz8bUMJE

Cold Start
https://youtu.be/IUtD2dpj9XU

I am the second owner of this unrestored and original 85 Mustang GT. I purchased from original owner 10 years ago in Florida. He replaced the 85 mph odometer at approximately 40,000 original miles with a 140 mph SVO speedometer. Current speedometer has over 40,000 miles. So, the total miles on the car is around 81,000. The Carfax report notes an actual mileage alert, and that is because of newer speedometer. I have the original tires and wheels for this car. They are in my garage. So, this is a second set of wheels. I also have original dealer sticker and service records and log since car was new.

As second owner with around 81,000 original miles, I have replaced the following:

New tires (less than 500 mi)
Rebuilt carburetor
New a/c system (less than 700 mi)
Front and rear shocks
Front and rear brakes
Replaced front brake rotors
Water pump
Clutch
Rear main seal
Valve cover gaskets
Oil pan gasket
Fuel pump
Radiator
Timing chain and cover
Spark plugs and wires
Distributor cap and rotor
Rebuilt alternator
Radiator and heater hoses
Mufflers
Front seat belts
Radio and speakers (have original radio)
Driver window motor
Starter and battery
Power steering system (rack)
Wheel alignment

The transmission support bracket has been updated to accommodate a full dual exhaust system. This car has won multiple awards in local For Mustang car shows.

Everything works on this car. If you are looking for a nice unrestored Fox body Mustang GT, this car is probably one of the nicest in the country. 85 is the last carbureted Mustang, and most have been abused. This car has been garaged, and extensive maintenance was done on car. It has never been in an accident since I have owned vehicle. The original owner also updated the suspension with SVO components.