• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

running rich and high idle

john

i have a 88 lx 2.3. i am having issues where the motor loads up like dumping fuel,not getting enough air. sometimes it will idle at 1500 and then start loading up,clear up,load up again. plus it will drop in idle and start like it is running on 2 cylinders and then stall.i have replace temp sensor,map sensor,plugs,check cap and rotor.i have noticed that my brake booster is hard as a rock.i have also checked resistance on the injectors and are at 15.9.checked the ground wire on the block to firewall and injector harness.have cleaned the IAC and throttle body and upper intake.1 thing is it doesnt have the stock air cleaner.i am lost at this and trying to get this thing on the road to drive till i can do the 5.0 swap and 5 lug conversion with rear disc

broncojunkie

You have a large vacuum leak. There are a few different ways to check. If you're not sure how, I would suggest looking up some videos on YouTube. With your car being a 2.3, it may be quiet enough to hear the leak at idle.

john

I was starting to think that yesterday when i noticed that the booster was hard as a rock.i cant get the car to even idle at all.stays at 1200-1500 rpms and then smooths out close to 2000 and then drops and stalls

john

well today i found the TPS screws were loose so i played with it and got idle down but still not right and still no power brakes

john

well i think i might have found the issue.i dont have communication with the ECM thru my scanner.went to ecm and noticed that on of the orange wires was cut coming from ecm and grounded to the body of the car.whatever they did had to have burnted something up in ecm.i know the ecm has 2 grounds already to chassie,so hoping this is it