• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Roll bar Installation

HarveyLX

Has anyone installed a Maximum Motorsports 4 point roll bar in their convertible? Did you need to make many modifications?

347HO

I installed 1for a friend's friend.

It didn't appear substantial enough to have any use when needed, so I welded in floor doublers, and gussets to every corner. I also added a connector bar on the driver and passenger door sides at the rockers.

If all you want is something that looks like a roll bar, I think its perfect. If you expect some protection, it may be insufficient... I don't know, I have zero first hand experience in a crash with one installed.

Also, NHRA, SCCA and NASA have different requirements to pass tech, so IMO, choose the tubing which applys to your needs.

Hope this helps with your decision.

HarveyLX

Thanks that's helpful. I'm not going to race the car but wanted an element of safety just incase. I'm considering tying the roll bar to the frame connectors. First I need for MM to resolve the issue of the bar they sent me doesn't fit in the car. I think they may have sent me the wrong one. So far they have been pretty responsive to working with me on this.