• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Racing Stripes

Ok, been bouncing the idea around in my head about putting stripes on my girl.
Nothing bold, just boring stripes. Probably just 2 wide stripes, but maybe 2 wide stripes with thin
stripes next to outside.
I don't want to "paint" them on. I was thinking like the material these use to wrap a car.
Would that even work?
Any thoughts? Pictures?
All white car with black stripe in molding.
Should I only do black?
I was wanting a very dark blue, almost black. Will that look stupid?
Thanks!

Last edited:

broncojunkie

I've always been torn on stripes. Every time I see them on a fox, I love it. But I draw the line when it comes to doing it to mine lol! Although, the only running/driving fox I have right now is my pace car and it's about 90% stripes/graphics lol!

I've always been torn on stripes. Every time I see them on a fox, I love it. But I draw the line when it comes to doing it to mine lol! Although, the only running/driving fox I have right now is my pace car and it's about 90% stripes/graphics lol!
Funny thing is, IF I decide to do it, the body molding stripes and the "Mustang GT" lettering would all have to come off.
More I thought about it, it would just not look right with all that. If I do it, I am going with a dark navy blue (midnight blue) which almost looks
black. Just want something different. I saw one a long time ago with the blue stripes and it always stayed in the back of my mind. Eventually, I will need to repaint the whole car so I don't want to "paint" them on, that's why I was going with vinyl stripes. Just like this pic but blue :joyful:

Attachments

• 2247-df1f704b76dd8b0746d16dea89fb34f4.jpg
    2247-df1f704b76dd8b0746d16dea89fb34f4.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1

347HO

Sweet... Cuz I'm super opinionated!

If the car didn't roll off the line with stripes, I feel it shouldn't have them.

In your position, I would repaint your car a white pearl with ghost stripes of silvery white pearl with blue on the flop.

Sweet... Cuz I'm super opinionated!

If the car didn't roll off the line with stripes, I feel it shouldn't have them.

In your position, I would repaint your car a white pearl with ghost stripes of silvery white pearl with blue on the flop.
Hubby and I got a good laugh out of this reply
You don't think it should have stripes because that is not the way it came, but
you're suggesting painting it in a color that it also never came in?!:eek::banghead::facepalm:

347HO

Your mustang appears stock.
You're considering installing stickers on it so it looks like something its not.

Now who's laughing?

In fact, no one would puke if you custom painted it, and tastefully add "painted" stripes as I mentioned previously.

Your mustang appears stock.
You're considering installing stickers on it so it looks like something its not.

Now who's laughing?

In fact, no one would puke if you custom painted it, and tastefully add "painted" stripes as I mentioned previously.

Never said it wasn't stock, it's obvious from the condition it is, most can see that.
Never said I was restoring it to stock, just was thinking of adding some stripes/decals which is why I said
decals, (not stickers) as it would not be permanent.

Now you call decals "stickers".That's a laugh right there. Even factory cars use applied decals for stripes.
Decals are a no, but getting it painted is OK? Right. Which is easier to go back to stock?
Just FYI, the stock color, which is what it is, is called Oxford White.
People change their rims and tires all the time too, in fact, a lot don't have the factory rims, shame on them for doing this!
What a shocker, mine does have the factory rims.

People do things all the time to make their cars more personalized.
In my state NV, Your car would be a useless, non-streetable, unregisterable, un-smoggable car.
But, with that tow hook hanging out front you could pull it places. Just my honest opinion.
Not in any way off the factory floor. And what's that side stripe on yours?
Some kind of Saleen wanna-be stripe? Because that is definitely no Saleen.

I can load up and drive cross country in air-conditioned comfort and get thumbs up with or without stripes. Can you?
You're happy with that and I'm happy with mine.

Last edited: