• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Question on eliminating low oil level sensor.

scottw

Hi guys/gals,i have a 91 5.0 GT that has a minor oil drip/leak from where the plug enters the low oil level sensor & decided to simply replace it with a drain plug
vs spending considerable money for a new sensor when it's not a big deal at all to check the oil once in a while.

So with that said when i remove the wire from low oil level can i simply cover the electrical plug so it doesn't ground out and anchor it aside with a tie wrap
without causing any ECM/chk engine light/driveability issues?

If not that then what? (Maybe ground it or maybe hook a small load to the wire like a small light bulb to make the ECM happy if it's even hooked to it?)

Thanks....Scott

broncojunkie

I'm almost certain that it works in a way that completes a circuit when the oil is low. If I'm correct, then yes.... you can just unplug it with no issues.

scottw

Thanks for the reply!

Yeh that did cross my mind too so i will do as you suggested and see what happens when i disconnect & cover the plug and ziptie it to the side.

Happy Motoring!

Scott