• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Project foxbody need help

Frankz

i have a 1993 mustang lx 5.0 302. Has a cold air intake, full exhaust, gears, suspension, short shifter. Everything else is stock. I’m on a tight budget should I engine swap for a blueprint 347 or put a turbo in it with heads intake and cam. Which one should I do. I also put new clutch and worldclass trans

Redtwilight

Shinigami
What are your plans and goals for the car? Track oriented or just a street driver?

You could always get the 347 now and then add the turbo later.

Frankz

What are your plans and goals for the car? Track oriented or just a street driver?

You could always get the 347 now and then add the turbo later.
Little bit drag but mostly street but if I get the 347 I would only be able to get that that means it would be the 347 with stock intake manifold

Redtwilight

Shinigami
Well that is a bit of a problem. Then if that's the case either between a 347 short block with the factory stock heads or a factory short block with aftermarket head, intake, and turbo...

The factory heads and intake will not flow near enough for the 347. You'd probably wouldn't pick up much until they are swapped out. But it could be built now to handle whatever you'd plan to do in the future.

The most gains then would come from the H,C,I, and Turbo swap in that case. But you'll be limited with the stock block and rotating assembly.
Also don't forget to factor in the extra price for a larger fuel pump and injectors and the requisite tuning that would be required.