• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Probe engine kits? Are they any good?

williet

I am pretty new to the Fox Body era. I am retired and have been looking for a Foxbody Mustang. There is a 1992 Convert in my area,have talked to the owner and he said that the engine is a 347 built with Probe Engine Kit.I never heard of that brand.After some net checking found their website . And some dealers in the Central ohio area.

What I am wondering from this forum is this a good engine kit or not.Going to go see the car this weekend or next week and need some advice on this.The owner has the paper work on it.He said he did race a few time and set up for nitrous but has used it very little. He does not have much time to enjoy it and mainly sits in his garage.

What do you think of this engine kit? Thanks

Blown347

Staff member
Probe parts aren't junk by any means, they should hold up just fine. It's not top of the line stuff, but a good budget option.