• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

paint job or clutch and suspension?

So here's the thing I only have enough to either get paint and body work or new clutch, flywheel and new suspension kit. What should I get first? Im leaning towards clutch in stuff but ive been wanting a paint job for a year. What do you guys think. Oh does anyone in my area recommend a decent paint shop? Id really not want to spend more then a grand.

Notz007

Paint last…you don't want to mess it up working on the car. Besides if it looks great but performs like crap then whats the point. I have had the same issue; my wife and kids want me to do the looks first but I like performance and would like track time. Paint won't make it as fun to drive.

Paint last…you don't want to mess it up working on the car. Besides if it looks great but performs like crap then whats the point. I have had the same issue; my wife and kids want me to do the looks first but I like performance and would like track time. Paint won't make it as fun to drive.
My gf and friends r the ones pushing for the paint I mean I want one to but I wanna get other stuff aswell . I had a neighbor where I use to live tell me my stang was a eye sore n needs to b painted because it makes the street look bad. I wanted to punch him n the face.instead I just parked in front of his house til I moved.

Effortless

My gf and friends r the ones pushing for the paint I mean I want one to but I wanna get other stuff aswell . I had a neighbor where I use to live tell me my stang was a eye sore n needs to b painted because it makes the street look bad. I wanted to punch him n the face.instead I just parked in front of his house til I moved.

I WOULD HAVE PUNCHED HIM!! Then ask about his new eyesore :D

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk