• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Overheating

Gaelite13

I had the engine rebuilt and all the sensors and computer redone, the problem is after driving then turning off it will not start until it cools down, any help on what is causing the problem would be appreciated

Blueknights75

Have you checked to ensure you don’t have any pulleys binding up causing your belt to get hot and expand? I had a similar issue and my AC pulley was binding up (wasn’t even using the air or heat, system was off) causing the serpentine belt to get hot and stretch. I could also smell a burning rubber smell....anyway after about 20 minutes the car would fire right up. It took me a few days to figure that out...

broncojunkie

It could be the timing is a little too far advanced. You could try backing it off a hair. My aftermarket Pertronix ignition box I have in my pace car has a start-retard setting, which is really handy for running some extra timing with good compression.