• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Only Defrost&Floor Vents

Glayton2003

I recently bought a 1991 GT and everything is running smoothly except I only have air coming from the defrost and floor. I have checked all of the vacuum lines in the engine bay and just want to know if there is another common place that might be leaking, or if there is something else wrong altogether.
Thanks, Gatlin

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
No I have not, what is the best way to get a visual to check it? The temperature blend still works, I can get hot and cold. It just wont change from defrost and floor.
Try checking the Blue vacuum line that goes to the vacuum motor for opening or closing the panel door, (see 1st attachment).

Red Blue Vacuum Line Attachment.JPG

RCMUSTANG

It's the first door near the passenger side if it's only defrost and floor. Check the main vacuum line that goes from the check valve into the hvac case. Usually when you lose vacuum to the hvac it blows only to defrost and floor as It's the default position of that first door.