• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Online Purchase

USAF286

I found what looks like an unmolested 1991 GT in Addison, Illinois and it is exactly what I am looking for. Unfortunately, I am in the Boston area and traveling to and from Illinois right now for me is tough. Has anyone ever used a third party company to inspect/test drive a car before they purchased a vehicle unseen in person? Any and all informtion is appreciated. Thank you.

broncojunkie

I had trouble finding a company that I trusted, so I started asking around. A friend of mine (coworker) expressed interest, so we negotiated a fair price and I sent him on a 16 hr round trip with a wad of cash. Turns out, the car was better than I hoped. I paid him $800. This was about 5 yrs ago. Cheapest quote I got was $650 and that was just to go pick it up...no "checking it out" or any of that stuff. My buddy was also able to double check the vin# and title info.

Lots of people out looking for side gigs right now.