• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Newbie to the site

Hey my name is Phillip. Introduced by fastfox619 and 88lx elmo. I am president of Street Stangs Inland Empire car club. I currently own 4 foxes. 1991 Calypso coupe, 1993 CHP SSP coupe 1 0f 150, '86 GT hatch, and '87 T top coupe. Glad to be part of this site dedicated to us fox body lovers :)

Its an addiction thats for sure. Ive had a few verts, a couple GT hatches too along with an '04 Cobra vert. Been into Mustangs since 2006 when I bought my Cobra. Stumbled into Fox Mustangs shortly after and havent looked back since :)

Yes T top coupe :)

foxesinactionaug14003.jpg

ttopprogresssept23008_zps2f898458.jpg

Yeah Ive chased this car for over 3 years. A buddy of mine bought it off CL and sold it to another dude who sold it to Fox Fire. I was able to purchase the car from Tony/Joe/Pablo when the shop closed. Currently its under a mini resto. Ive gutted it of anything not salvageable(which was most of the car) and currently cleaning and painting the chassis. Also installing a tubular k member with coilovers and a 3.73 rearend with Racecraft rear springs. Car will be painted bright red eventually. Its last on the list I have 2 other coupes and a 4 eye hatch as well.

87_notchfox

just another notch among the rest lol...
yeah i was going to buy it for my wife when they were rebuilding it but i went on deployment came back there shop was closed and i wondered wat happend to the coupe...they had wanted to much for it when they was rebuilding it...i hope u got it for a good price...i want to put t-tops on mine but i dont have the metal working skills for it

I paid 2k for it. Loaded up the car with anything that was missing that they had in stock. Sold most of it off lol so my buy in price is closer to $1500 now :) They had stopped working on it due to a wiring harness issue. Something after they did the heater core got pinched or fried so the car kept popping TFI modules on the distributor. I have a whole 1991 wiring harness that Im going to run along with the newer airbag steering wheel(personally like em better)

87_notchfox

damn that was a deal then...they wanted like 4k for it when they got it and like 6k with it done...lucky i am envious now lol

I feel it was a good deal all the way around. For an enthusiast not afraid of any repair or hard to find part it was the perfect buy knowing I was taking home a rare piece of fox history. They got good $ out of it to almost cover if not cover all expenses on the car that they paid.

87_notchfox

well they told me they had spent some good cash on it...i wish paul would have told me damn lol...but good luck on the build i hope i can see it around sometime...and nice collection

Thankyou it will turn out nice. Unsure of motor combo it may get the 310ci out of my green coupe and I build a stroker for that car who knows. Thanks on the collection too theyre all works in progress but will get there in due time. I have build thread pics for all the coupes under the '87-'93 LX page as well as pics of my 4 eye in the '79-'86 page.

87_notchfox

nice i wanted a 347 for it with a tremic trans...but i might do that for my wifes 4cyl...and there always work in progress like mine and wifes...i will check out the buillds i have my coupes build on modularfoxmustangs