• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Newbie from Pasadena, CA

Hello all, I'm 35. I have owned 3 Mustangs so far (all foxes). I currently do not own one but hope to change that soon. I got my first after I graduated HS in 94. It was an 85 GT that was completely stock with the exception of a Hurst shifter. After about a year and a half I sold the 85 and found a 93 LX Hatch, again all stock save for a Flowmaster catback. I later installed a Hurst shifter on that one. About 4 months after owning the 93 I totaled it. My next Mustang was another 85 GT with T-tops, I converted it to true dual exhaust with Mac 1 5/8" shorty's, 86 stock h-pipe and trans crossmember and Mac 2 1/2" Flowpath catback. That one got totaled when moving from Virginia to California back in 98. Since then I got married and have had 4 kids. As soon as I am in a position to do so I will be getting a 90 or 91 LX Coupe.

Daniel

I actually still have the Leather Ford Racing shift knob that was in the T-top and last year I bought a set of netted halo headrest's from an 83 GT, they are sitting in my garage waiting to be put on my next Stang.

I actually still have the Leather Ford Racing shift knob that was in the T-top and last year I bought a set of netted halo headrest's from an 83 GT, they are sitting in my garage waiting to be put on my next Stang.

This all sounds too familiar, I have a bad habit of hoarding parts in my garage. Even ones that don't have a fox to go on. I know someone else who's going to need an intervention....calypso coupe..cough cough.:rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

I have been combing ebay and craigslist for months for an explorer intake and pro 5.0 shifter. And of course a notch.

Craigslist will be your best friend. I prefer local purchases. But I will say, I've found some deals on eBay. Don't forget to check the classifieds on local forums too.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

Welcome, Nice past foxes. Wow is that white 85 t-top bright without the hood decal and charcoal headlight areas. It gave it a whole new look.

Yeah, that's how it was when I bought it, also had 87-93 LX taillights on it. I tried trading a guy for his 85 tails but he wouldn't do it. I also had to strip out the nasty purple tint that it had. The sailpanels were also painted white. Here's another pic of it on the drive from VA to CA back in 98.
Nikkiw-85gt.jpg

This all sounds too familiar, I have a bad habit of hoarding parts in my garage. Even ones that don't have a fox to go on. I know someone else who's going to need an intervention....calypso coupe..cough cough.:rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D.

I have no idea what u r talking about I feel just fine :D

Welcome Mustangdan351 you have had a nice collection can't wait to see what u add next!!!

Thanks Mustang Phil, same to you, especially that 87 T-top coupe. Saw it on Corral about a year ago, nice to know the history of it instead of all the speculation about it.

The poor t top got beat up on Corral lol. I have all the posts saved to my favorites I read em when I need a laugh. Our imaginations do run wild sometimes however there were some decent people who added some good. Whoever posted the article about C&C took some time to shed light on some good info about the conversions and the pics were neat too. However Fox Fire was wanting WAY too much $$ at the time and wasn't giving up much info either. I have had the inside edge on this as it was a good friend of mine who originally picked it off CL from the original owner, plus being so close to me location wise I was able to make a visit to the original ladys home who owned it and got the real scoop. The car will be nice when done. Upon purchase its a complete wreck all that was useable way the main body itself, doors, and decklid. Wiring was hacked when the heatercore was installed at Fox Fire. Kept popping TFI modules and they basically gave up on the car after that. After a bit of greed and me calling the bluff and throwing some $ at them I was able to make the deal. My unicorn came home June 1st 2012.