• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New tow rig...or whatever

broncojunkie

A good friend called me up the other day and asked if I was interested in his 91 bronco. Of course I was, but I just have too many vehicles. The neighbors are staging an intervention at any minute...i just know it. Anyway, I asked him how much and he said he'd just sign the title over to me. He's working a new job as a truck driver and needed it gone. So I sent the wife and boy to pick it up (I'm currently working).

I've seen it in person but it's been a while. Needs tires, typical rust repair in rear wheel arches and tailgate, and a few other minor things. Runs great. Lots of new parts. I was thinking of using it to tow the foxes to the track. My Tacoma will do it, but I won't have to worry as much about an old bronco. The closest tracks are 1.5-2 hrs away. I'm familiar with these old Fords and could fix her up nice.

What you guys think? Should I keep her?
received_10215792917312222-1612x1209.jpeg received_10215792915872186-1612x1209.jpeg received_10215792916952213-1612x1209.jpeg

broncojunkie

Forgot to mention it's a silver anniversary edition. Don't know much about them but it has leather seats and some exterior badges.

broncojunkie

All of these silver anniversary Broncos were red. I've owned a few of them and they all were red, iirc. I don't even care much for red lol! I believe I'll paint it something like a gun metal grey... maybe even silver/pewter to match the pace car. Although they are somewhat rare, they aren't really worth any more than the others.

Sawmill

Old and tired
I'm almost scared to comment since offending the gods with my question about the 87 LX over yonder.
I've always liked the looks of Ford pickups and Broncos from back then.
There is a 350 here that I need to apply some TLC, we call it the smoke screen. Does help with the Mosquitos.

broncojunkie

I really want to order a new tailgate for this thing. It's the only thing I need to really dive in and get started on it. But they're about $350 shipped and I can't quite bring myself to pay that much. Can't find a rust-free used one. I'll need to bite the bullet soon, I guess.

I've been working a lot out here on the river. The wife gets in it about once a week and starts it up, just to move it out of the way while cutting grass. It always fires right up. I also used it to help cut a tree down at the house. 4wd worked great.

Basically, I need a tailgate, fenders, a lower rear quarter patch panel, and both rear arches. Some front end work, fluid change, exhaust, and a good cleaning.

Sawmill

Old and tired
Amazing how we keep adding more work for ourselves. Satisfying the creative drive is good for the soul though. I keep choking down the temptation to add another vehicle. I think I suffer from dilution of effort.
There was a Bronco near Richmond a while back, all it needed was an engine. Get thee behind me!