• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New to the forum

justa93

Hey guys, new to this forum. My 14 year old son and I are in the process of building a 93 notch that is originally from El Paso. It will be lots of work but if the kid sticks with it and helps it will be his first car when he gets his license. Look forward to conversing with all you, thanks.

broncojunkie

Very few kids are interested in this stuff nowadays. I've tried to get my 2 stepsons involved but all they wanted to do was play video games and hang out with their friends. It was like pulling teeth to get them to get their licenses and buy cars. Not trying to discourage you, of course. Just telling you what i went through. I even tried giving them project foxes. They had zero interest. They're in their 20's now. Still not interested lol!

I can't say i really blame them. It's an expensive hobby and people have different interests than we had growing up. Times they are a changin lol

justa93

Very few kids are interested in this stuff nowadays. I've tried to get my 2 stepsons involved but all they wanted to do was play video games and hang out with their friends. It was like pulling teeth to get them to get their licenses and buy cars. Not trying to discourage you, of course. Just telling you what i went through. I even tried giving them project foxes. They had zero interest. They're in their 20's now. Still not interested lol!

I can't say i really blame them. It's an expensive hobby and people have different interests than we had growing up. Times they are a changin lol
He goes out there and works without me being home at times, he is very interested and wants to start working so he can contribute buying parts. I dont allow him to sit in front of a TV and video games and he doesn't have a cell phone. He will learn the value of hard work and that money does not grow on trees. I will post some pics later from the beginning and as things progress.

broncojunkie

That's good parenting, right there! He'll appreciate you when he's older! I love my step sons like they're my own, but i would have done things differently if given the chance! Post pics as you guys make progress. We'd love to follow along!