• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New to the forum, looking for suggestions.

Southerntattoo9

I just joined this forum and so far I like what I see. I own a black 88 lx 5.0 convertible. I've been looking into getting some new seats and can't decide what I want. I was looking at the corbeau GTS II, but after seeing them installed in someone else's car the just don't look good to me. I want something sporty but not full race. Something good for the little auto cross racing I want to do but still comfortable for daily driving. My main concern is back seat access and height. I want them to look good with the top down. Any suggestions and photos of the seats installed would be great.

broncojunkie

Have you thought about going with the GT style seats of that era? I loved my 88gt seats. I believe you may even be able to get some updated upholstery kits for them.

Also, you might consider purchasing an aluminum Kirkey (or even the Jegs version) racing seat. You can swap it out in 10 minutesn when you're ready to race.

Southerntattoo9

I actually have thought about the GT Sport seats, but by the time I get the seats, probably have to buy new seat foam and upolstry my cost would be close to new aftermarket seats. That plus I'm not going to leave the rest of the interior completely stock so I think aftermarket is probably going to suit me best. But I haven't completely ruled anything out.