• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New to me 92 5.0 5spd

RedFoxNY

Bought my first mustang this past week and looking forward to get it on the road . Have a couple of issues I’ll be digging through this forum for some tips on

once the car warms up it idles rough

and once in a while the throttle sticks between 1-2k at idle

broncojunkie

Welcome! Before you get too crazy testing and replacing parts, make sure you clean the maf sensor. That little guy can cause all sorts of havoc! As for you hanging idle, check for vacuum leaks and take a look at the throttle plate. Make sure it's moving freely. Might need a little tlc. They can also get dirt built up around the plate and not let it close completely.

Post up some pics when you can!

RedFoxNY

Welcome! Before you get too crazy testing and replacing parts, make sure you clean the maf sensor. That little guy can cause all sorts of havoc! As for you hanging idle, check for vacuum leaks and take a look at the throttle plate. Make sure it's moving freely. Might need a little tlc. They can also get dirt built up around the plate and not let it close completely.

Post up some pics when you can!

thank you for the tips I’ll be sure to start there and try to keep it simple . I appreciate the response

Attachments

• 74E560E4-4BDD-4FC9-97BC-3DD870FCCDE7.jpeg
    74E560E4-4BDD-4FC9-97BC-3DD870FCCDE7.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 11B91357-4F31-42A5-9B18-CFC7513841B2.jpeg
    11B91357-4F31-42A5-9B18-CFC7513841B2.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 4