• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New to fox bodies, looking for help finding one in the Netherlands

GIMMIK

I'm currently getting my driver's license and lately i've been reading up on interesting project cars i can daily drive, then recently i came across a video about fox-bodies, seeing as i always really liked the boxy 90's- 00's feeling this model gives off i was interested in getting a fox body (1987-1993) as my first car.
Now i've been looking for second hands and can't find a single one in my area (so far) and i was wondering if anyone could help me find one for a reasonable price. I'm also new-ish to working on cars so i was wondering if anyone could point out some pit-falls first timers like me.

Thanks for your time (if you even read this haha)

broncojunkie

I've been waiting to see if anyone responds with some useful info. Not many (if any) people on here from your area. However, all how is not lost! We do have members from different parts of the world. I've seen many fox owners in other countries. I was actually pretty surprised at just how many fox mustangs are outside the US. There seems to be even a decent parts market. I saw a post from another forum (for the early 79-85 foxes) where a guy acquired 3 cars and has been in the process of fixing them up, however, I don't recall what country he was from.

Any local car groups where you are? Maybe someone could steer you to where the fox guys hang out!

As for advice on the hobby in general, the most important thing I can stress is that you should always plan for that snowball effect. When you think a simple part replacement is all it takes, you may end up snapping bolts or having to cut parts away...or simply get into a job and find other parts are bad. These cars are showing their age, so just keep that in mind....ESPECIALLY for a daily driver!

Good luck and let us know what you come up with!