• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New SVE Gauges

Ok, so I have hooked the oil pressure gauge, now I have a voltmeter , fuel pressure and insulater to mount inside car and water temp. The question is what is the best way to wire the voltmeter gauge, and the water temp gauge, do I just let it lay on the intake. All gauges are mechanical. And, can I ran the gauge lights off of the radio.

Blown347

Staff member
If you just want the gauge lights on/off, wire them to your running lights. It's one of the wires into the headlight switch. Or you can wire them into the output from the dimmer switch and they will dim with the cluster.

The water temp gauge should go into the bung on the front of the lower intake manifold.

The volt meter is fine to any large gauge wire with power only when key is turned to run. There's several that come out of the large plug in the steering column.