• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Owner....maybe

SirSpoolsaLot

Hi all.

I hope this finds you all well and in splendid health.

I may be buying a 1982 Fox here in France. 3.3 6 cylinder Ghia.

5.0 Foxes are virtually non existent here so this is the best I can come up with for my project.
It is after all a project car and I intend to throw the works at it.

Let me know what you think. It's $3k delivered to my door.

Many thanks!
Sir Spools.

Fox 1.jpegFox 2.jpegFox 3.jpegFox 4.jpegFox 5.jpegFox 6.jpeg

broncojunkie

Very nice! That interior and the straight 6 aren't common here in the states. Extra points for it being a coupe! That's a pretty unique combination.

Do you plan on keeping the engine? I'd love to follow along on any work you want to document on here. Anyway, welcome to the group!

SirSpoolsaLot

Thanks Bronco.

I didn't plan on keeping the engine long term but wanted to keep it looking as stock as possible for a nice sleeper vibe.
ESPECIALLY that woodgrain interior. So cool.

Looking for a fast track/street car.

Many thanks!
Sir Spools.

broncojunkie

Depends on how good you are at welding and fabrication. I got me a little mig welder a few years ago and basically taught myself how to do the basics. Since then, I've done several repairs like this and a few that were quite a bit worse. This particular repair wouldn't scare me away, but I would definitely be checking other areas closely. The first place I would inspect would be the front frame rails... inside the engine bay, just below the shock towers. I've repaired that area before, but it wasn't too big of a rusted area. I was able to cut and patch. If it's too far gone, the entire frame rail and part/all of the shock tower may need replaced. To me (with my skill level), that would be a deal breaker.

Blueknights75

Welcome from one new member to another. I personally would be running away from this because of the rust. At a minimum I would not purchase sight unseen.

SirSpoolsaLot

Hallo!

You're right not to buy sight unseen, that's for sure.
Unfortunately, beggars can't really be choosers over here as there aren't many Foxes for sale.
I'm looking to get the tools and and my hands dirty so a bit of rust isn't an issue. A BIT of rust but not lots.

There's another one for sale but the lady has yet to add photos. We'll see I guess!

I like foxes, third gen camaros and G bodies so the net is being cast wide!

Stay well all