• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New member needs some help

Hey guys, looking into purchasing a 92 GT. Owner has sent videos of the car, things look good but I would like to get a PPI done. I called a place that specializes in mustangs and they said it’s $70, and would take an hour. Guess that’s just a basic rundown of brakes, fluids, etc.

Being that the car is older, should I have a more intensive inspection done? Or will they be able to give me a good answer based off his hour assessment. No work was previously done to the motor according to the owner.

Thanks.

broncojunkie

If they specialize in mustangs, you would think they would check the common issues. Front frame/shock tower rot, floor pan rust/cracks/seat bolts, sunroof inner roof structure rust, torque box damage, door pillar rust, door bottom rust, etc. Most of the stock mechanical parts are still fairly inexpensive and easy to fix compared to the stuff mentioned above