• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New member from Canada

Steve853

Hello!! I am the owner of this 1987 mustang Lx with gt conversion . image.jpg

Has anyone else ever seen a rear bumper like mine . It is a gt back bumper but has exhaust coming out the back with no cuts in the bumper. Do I have an aftermarket bumper or is the exhaust mounted differently to make the lx style exhaust work with the gt ground effects. Any help would be great. Thanks!

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
That is one nice conversion!

IMHO: It's an aftermarket bumper cover from what I can tell.

Without seeing the whole rear of the bumper cover it’s hard to say, but if I had to say it’s a good possibility is a Cobra rear Bumper cover/fascia, or the LX Saleen Rear Valance .

If you can post a picture of how the back looks it would sure help.

Last edited:

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
Sorry.........I forgot to say earlier Welcome aboard you'll really like this forum because it's just a bunch of good ole boys enjoying there hobby.

Steve853

It's an aftermarket bumper cover from what I can tell.

Without seeing the whole rear of the bumper cover it’s hard to say, but if I had to say it’s a good possibility is a Cobra rear Bumper cover/fascia, or the LX Saleen Rear Valance .

If you can post a picture of how the back looks it would sure help.
image.jpg image.jpg
These are the only two pictures I have of the rear end of the car. It is currently in storage so I cannot take another photo

ALMOST STOCK

Staff member
Thanks for those pictures they clarify everything .
My mistake ......... that is a stock GT Bumper cover and nothing more.
The 1st picture you posted from the side view looks like with the tail pipes under the bumper cover it's the Cobra Bumper cover but now that I can see the rear it's a GT Bumper

Last edited:

Blown347

Staff member
Welcome! Yes that's just a stock GT rear bumper, looks good with the LX style tailpipes under it though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk