• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Member, Autocross Ambassador

Hey Everyone,

I’m a new member with a 1992 Mustang GT that I’ve had since I was 16.

I’ve been posting videos about my car in the “Fox Body Autocross Project” thread in the 1987-1993 GT section, but I wanted to properly introduce myself here.

I’ve been autocrossing 79-04 Mustangs for years. I’ve won multiple local CAM Class championships, but I’m most proud of being a Novice Coordinator and Instructor for two local clubs. I love helping people get familiar with autocross, and I especially love helping people in 1979-2004 Mustangs realize the potential of their cars.

In 2018, I created the Warhorse Racing YouTube Channel to inspire people to get their 1979-2004 Mustangs out to autocross events. I’ve been building the channel into a comprehensive resource for anyone looking to start autocrossing.

Here’s a list of the aspects of autocross I cover in my videos:

*WHY 1979-2004 MUSTANGS ARE THE BEST AUTOCROSS CARS EVER BUILT.

*COMMON AUTOCROSS ELEMENTS and how to get through them as fast as possible.

*The BENEFITS OF LOOKING AHEAD and identifying key cones on course.

*How ELIMINATING BRAKING can chop chunks of time off your runs.

*Why DURATION OF ACCELERATION is incredibly important.

*ADDING ADJUSTABILITY with adjustable shocks, struts and a rear sway bar.

*SOLID REAR AXLE UPGRADES to increase grip and limit Quadra-bind.

*FRONT SUSPENSION UPGRADES that will help with turn-in and steering feel.

*CHOOSING THE RIGHT RIM & TIRE SIZE to get as much grip as possible.

*PROPER SEATING & STEERING POSITION.

*MULTIPLE AUTOCROSS RESULTS VIDEOS that show where I’m able to find speed on course (and where I make mistakes).

And, of course, there’s a multi-part series about what I did to get my 1992 GT ready to take on my competition.

I DON'T make money off my channel, and I'm NOT selling anything. I just want to get as many Mustangs as possible out to autocross events. If you have any questions about autocross, please ask. I’m always happy to help.

Here’s the link to my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOEWzAT17XoeGzSWysT1NXw/videos

Thanks for watching.