• Hello there guest and Welcome to Fox Body Mustangs forum, This forum is intended to be used by enthusiasts of the Fox body Ford Mustangs (1979-1993)!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New From Southern Oregon

cjandmm

Hello all,

New member from Oregon here! I have a 1988 GT (5.0 / 5-spd). My dad bought it used in 1992 and passed it on to me in 2003. It has been sitting in my shop with the interior gutted for about the last 15 years. I had intended to do a "resto / refresh" on the whole car to return to a like-new stock appearance and a moderate engine upgrade and just never had the time to make it happen. I have most of a new interior in boxes including carpet, headliner, trim plastics, the works, so its just a matter of the time and patience to put it together.

The car has 235k miles on the original engine and trans with the only "major" repairs being 1 clutch replacement, a distributor replacement and a fuel pump. and was running and driving when I parked it back in 2005.

I'm hoping to have it done sometime in the next 14 years so my boy can drive it to his High School Prom just like I did! :p

broncojunkie

Sounds like a cool project! I have a build thread for my 88gt on here. I ended up giving the car to a friend, but he just lives a few houses down so I see it regularly.

Welcome!